Jul 28, 2009

New York Day 2 - 7/28

Day 2 in New York started with me sleeping for over 12 hours! I guess I was really tired from the first day!

Once I finally woke up, I headed back out to the city.

On the drive there, it looked like a beautiful day.



But soon, I could see the weather changing.

And by the time I got there, it was a full blown monsoon.



Luckily, it cleared up quickly.




I went back to my old neighborhood, and took a walk through Tompkins Sq. Park.



I walked down my old street (7th Sreet) in the East Village. (2 pcs)



I walked by my old apartment. Oh the memories!




Later that night I finally met up with the good peoples of The Do LaB. Good times were had!




Ended up sleeping on the floor of the hotel room, where my thoughts went to a certain someone..... my thoughts were 'Wandering' for hours before I fell asleep xoxoxo!


So tonight I'm finally meeting up with my old college roommate.... we're going to have a ball in NYC! Watch out!




NEW YORK: Tonight check out this tribute to Sun Ra by King Britt at the World Financial Center:



Saturn Never Sleeps is a carefully curated electronic experience, created by music producer, King Britt and singer/visualist, Rucyl Mills. Combining audio-visual micro-components into a thought altering world of sight and sound. Live musicians of acoustic and electronic inventions come together in creating the sonic bubblebath for your listening pleasure. Visuals add the dimension needed to transport you into a different place.

For this special mission, we are dedicating the night to reconstructing, in an improvisational way, the sounds of jazz legend and fellow dreamer, Sun-Ra.

Our comrades on this show are:

King Britt- Electronics
Rucyl Mills- Vocals and sampling
Tim Motzer- Guitartronics
Damon Bennet- Keyboards and Flute
Jason Senk- Visuals





Tonight in Los Angeles check out Bass Science, Datgirl, and Bartek at Technique:




Also in LA catch Etienne De Crecy and Congorock:




Also tonight in LA check out La Violette @ The Standard Hollywood:


Resident DJ's on the decks every week:

NOTORIOUS JEN
http://www.myspace.com/djnotoriousjen

RONYS DJ BOOTH
http://www.myspace.com/ronysphotobooth

GUEST DJ'S:

ANNE LEE OF BLOW UP LA/AWESOMETOWN
http://www.myspace.com/annelee

DJ KNYFEPRTY OF METRO PARK
http://www.myspace.com/knyfeprty

FREE SCREENING:
HACKERS





Always fill your LIFE with LOVE and LAUGHTER ~ PEACE OUT


No comments: