Jun 6, 2009

Earth is on Funky Carnival - 6/09

Hello people.

Let's begin with some music...






Last night was pretty wompy. Caught Gaslamp Killer and Z Trip at the NHM.

Dino's!



Elephants!



Ahhh poor birds..... I will honor you!



The first burners :)



Z-Trip:



Later my homie and I cruised to a westside afterhours, Afterburn. He dropped some music, and made people dance.



I felt like I was in a film about the underground rave scene shot in the mid 90's, but I mean that in the best possible way!



His newest song is banging (world exclusive review by yours truly)...keep ya eyes on this mad scientist.

Deepak, who's half of Bass Cadets was having a good time!



Then a new day began...



... was wondering if I should sleep or stay up....




I chose sleep!


And now I'm awake again on this new day, have dreamed through, and half yet unexplored.

It's about 4:20pm right now when I'm writing....so let's go!


Music = ♥
Music = ♥
Music = ♥


Event wise...


Today, during the day, experience the Venice Beach Carnival (with a special performance by the Mutaytor tonight:





This evening Afro Funke' will be at the Fowler Museumfrom 7-9pm:

On the evening of June 6 we'll be transporting Afro Funké
to the Fowler Museum at UCLA with dancing to grooves by KCRW DJ Jeremy Sole in theirbeautiful courtyard, an African drum and dance performance by Balandugu Kan in the galleries, and a semi-acoustic set by Rocky Dawuni.

7 to 9pm / free / no reservations required / cash bar
www.fowler.ucla.edu





Later tonight catch -> Earth is One Country:




Also tonight catch Yosaku and friends:




Also tonight is Mega, a bunch of promoters working together, this is what I like to see:

5610 Soto Street, 90255


And also tonight:




Also tonight:




Also Saturday catch Iglu & Hartly in Hermosa Beach! 142 Pacific Coast Highway



No comments: